Home About Me Disclosure Nail Care Collection Contact Me Contact Me Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Facebook ! Follow me on Twitter ! Follow me with Bloglovin ! Follow me on Hellocoton ! Follow me on Tumblr ! Follow me on Google+ ! Follow @sugar_nails on Instagram ! Follow me on Pinterest ! Image Map

Monday, August 20, 2012

The Best of You: Starlight Radiance

Hi dear readers !

Today's blogger is Sarah from Starlight Radiance !
Please enjoy her replies to my interview :)


1. Where are you from ?
Greenwood, SC

2. When did your love for polish started, and how ?
I've loved playing with nail polish since I was little, but I think my obsession with nail art and my breakthrough into blogging were inspired by The Daily Nail during my junior year of college, about three years ago. She always had such intricate and interesting designs that really made me want to explore the world of nail polish to a greater degree.

3. How many polish do you own ?
Right around 250.

4. Who or what inspires you ?
On the "who" side: My mom has always inspired me. She had a tough time raising me and my three siblings after her divorce and through my brother's cancer treatment, but she was strong for all of us. She always persevered and never gave up on trying to give all of us a good life, and I am very grateful for that.

On the "what" side: I find myself drawn to art, which has probably contributed to me getting into my nail blogging hobby in the first place. I've always been very book smart and focused on academics, so I never really took art that seriously, but being introduced to nail art and taking a makeup and mask design class in college really grew my love for it.

5. What are your favorite nail polish blogs ?
My favorites are generally blogs that have a lot of nail art, like http://artevolve.blogspot.com, http://www.letthemhavepolish.com, and http://www.nailpolishwars.com.

6. Do you have a blog ?
Yes, it's Starlight Radiance - http://starlightradiance.blogspot.com

7. What is your favorite part in blogging ?
I really like the community that comes along with blogging and being able to share my work with everyone. Getting inspiration from everyone else is a major plus too - my Pinterest nail inspiration board has almost 1000 pins on it! I love looking at all the talent out there!

8. Funny and non-polish related question, are you a cat or a dog person ? :D
I'm a cat person, or at least thought I was. I now have a cat, Icarus, who is a bit of a meanie and doesn't like to cuddle at all. It either makes me want to get another cat to give him a buddy and calm him down or get a dog that will straighten him out. Hahaha.

Finally, show us your best manicure work !
I love my blue glitter gradient! It's reminiscent of the TARDIS from Doctor Who and has my favorite type of polish - GLITTER!!!
Version Française - Cliquez ici
Hello les filles !
La bloggeuse du jour est Sarah, du blog Starlight Radiance !
Je vous laisse lire ses réponses à mon interview :)


1. D'où viens-tu ?
Greenwood, SC

2. Quand ta passion du vernis a-t-elle commencé et comment ?
J'aime jouer avec du vernis depuis que je suis petite, mais je pense que mon addiction au nail art et mon arrivée dans la blogosphère ont été inspirés par The Daily Nail pendant que j'étais au collège, il y a 3 ans. Elle a toujours fait des motifs complexes et intéressants et ça m'a toujours donné envie d'explorer le monde du vernis plus profondément.

3. Combien de vernis possèdes-tu ?
Environ 250.

4. Qu'est-ce qui t'inspire ?

"Qui" m'inspire: ma maman l'a toujours fait. Elle a connu des jours difficiles, à nous élever moi et mes 3 frères et soeurs après son divorce en pendant le traîtement de son frère contre un cancer, mais elle a toujours été la plus forte d'entre nous. Elle a toujours persévéré et n'a jamais abandonné l'idée de nous donner une bonne vie, je lui suis très reconnaissante pour cela.

"Qu'est-ce' qui m'inspire: je suis attirée par l'art, ce qui a probablement contribué à donner une place importante à mon loisir de "nail blogging". J'ai toujours aimé les livres et je me suis concentrée sur mes études, donc je n'ai jamais pris cet art au sérieux, mais faire connaissance avec le monde du nail art et avoir, à l'école, des cours de maquillage et de conception de masques a vraiment aidé ma passion à grandir.


5. Quels sont tes blogs de vernis préférés ?
Mes préférés sont ceux qui présentent généralement beaucoup de nail arts, comme http://artevolve.blogspot.com,http://www.letthemhavepolish.com, and http://www.nailpolishwars.com.

6. As-tu un blog ?
Yes, it's Starlight Radiance - http://starlightradiance.blogspot.com

7. Que préfères-tu dans le fait de tenir un blog ?
J'aime beaucoup la communauté autour de la blogo, et pouvoir partager mon travail avec tout le monde. Recevoir de l'inspiration des autres est un gros plus, aussi - ma page Pinterest comporte quasiment 1000 pins ! J'adore regarder les talents qu'on y trouve !

8. Question fun qui n'a rien à voir, tu es plutôt chiens ou chats ?

Je suis plutôt chats, ou du moins je pensais l'être. Pour le moment j'ai un chat, Icarus, qui est un peu méchant et n'aime pas du tout les câlins. Du coup j'hésite entre prendre un autre chat pour qu'il aie un copain qui le calme, ou prendre un chien qui le dressera. Hahaha !

Enfin, montre nous ton meilleur travail de manucure !
J'adore mon dégradé de paillettes bleues ! Il évoque le TARDIS de Doctor Who et on y trouve mon type de vernis préféré: les PAILLETTES !!!

No comments: