Home About Me Disclosure Nail Care Collection Contact Me Contact Me Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Facebook ! Follow me on Twitter ! Follow me with Bloglovin ! Follow me on Hellocoton ! Follow me on Tumblr ! Follow me on Google+ ! Follow @sugar_nails on Instagram ! Follow me on Pinterest ! Image Map

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Guest Post: Katy from Nailed It !

Hi dear readers !

Today I'm glad to welcome another blogger I admire for a guest post ! This is Katy from Nailed It ! I'm sure you already know her, but if you don't, go check her blog !

Gwenn: "I wanted to know if you'd be interested in writing a post for me."

Me: "That sounds like fun!"

Me (to myself): "You must...do...pink!"

Gwenn's gorgeous blog is called Sweet Sugar, and the designs it puts out are not only sweet to look at, but the overall feel of the blog is very feminine. Lots of pinks. So I decided to put pink to the test in my guest post for Gwenn.

Fun right? Let me walk you through what I did so you can give it a shot yourself.

First, paint your nail white. I used My Boyfriend Scales Walls (OPI).

Then, tape both side of your nail so only the middle is left exposed. Now stamp your favorite design on the exposed area. I chose to stamp with Dutch Tulips (OPI) using BM-20, one of the original Bundle Monster with the nail designs that don't fit your entire nail.

Now carefully peel off the tape. You'll be left with a design right down the middle of your fingers. Paint the edges of that design with solid, black lines. (I used Color Madric's Black.)

Finally, freehand the pink on the outer edges of each nail using a small striping brush. I chose Steady As She Rose (OPI) to do this step.

Does it still look bumpy to you? Add a topcoat to smooth everything out, and you're good to go. Unless you used a non quick-dry topcoat. In which case you'll have to carefully not use your hands until the next decade rolls around. Quick dry topcoats are the absolute best.

I want to thank Gwenn and her lovely readers for sharing this post with me and enjoying it hopefully as much as I did.

Feel free to check out more of my designs at Nailed It.

Thank you a lot, Katy ! This is a gorgeous design, and a good idea to use those patterns that don't suit the whole nail ...

Do you like it ?

Have a nice day :)

Version Française - Cliquez ici
Hello les filles !

C'est avec joie qu'aujourd'hui j'accueille une autre bloggeuse que j'admire pour un guest post ! Il s'agit de Katy de Nailed It ! Je suis certaine que vous la connaissez, mais si ce n'est pas le cas, courez voir son blog !


Gwenn: "Voudrais-tu écrire un message pour mon blog ?"

Moi: "Ca me semble sympa!"

Moi (à moi-même): "Tu dois ... faire ... du rose!"

Le joli blog de Gwenn s'appelle Sweet Sugar, et non seulement les designs qu'on y retrouve sont "sweet", mais dans l'ensemble c'est un blog très féminin. Beaucoup de rose. Donc j'ai décidé d'essayer un peu de rose dans mon guest post pour Gwenn.

Sympa, non ? laissez-moi vous guider dans un pas à  pas pour que vous puissiez essayer vous-mêmes.


D'abord, appliquez un vernis blanc. J'ai utilisé My Boyfriend Scales Walls (OPI).

Ensuite, collez des bouts de scotch sur chaque côté de vos ongles de façon à ce que seulement le milieu reste exposé. Maintenant, stampez votre motif préféré sur la zone exposée. J'ai choisi Dutch Tulips (OPI) et la plaque BM-20, une de ces plaques du premier set Bundle Monster avec des motifs trop petits pour recouvrir tout l'ongle.

Enlevez le scotch soigneusement. Vous obtenez un stamping juste au milieu des ongles. Dessinez des lignes droites, continues, en noir. (j'ai utilisé Color Madric's Black.)

Pour finir, ajoutez les côtés roses avec un petit pinceau fin. J'ai choici Steady As She Rose (OPI) pour cette étape.

Ca vous semble trop texturé ? Ajoutez un top coat pour lisser le tout, et vous êtes prêtes. A condition d'avoir utilisé un top coat accélérateur de séchage. De ce cas, vous devrez patienter une bonne décennie sans utiliser vos mains. Les top coats accélérateurs de séchage sont vraiment un must !

Je voudrais remercier Gwenn et ses charmantes lectrices pour avoir partagé ce billet avec moi, en espérant que vous l'apprécierez autant que moi.


N'hésitez pas à voir mes autres designs sur Nailed It.

Merci Katy, c'est vraiment joli et en plus, c'est une excellente idée pour utiliser les motifs qui sont trop petits pour couvrir tout l'ongle !

Qu'en pensez-vous ?

Bonne journée :)

No comments: