Home About Me Disclosure Nail Care Collection Contact Me Contact Me Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Facebook ! Follow me on Twitter ! Follow me with Bloglovin ! Follow me on Hellocoton ! Follow me on Tumblr ! Follow me on Google+ ! Follow @sugar_nails on Instagram ! Follow me on Pinterest ! Image Map

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Soft Valentine

Hi dear readers !

Tomorrow is that day of the year ! The one that some love and some hate (and some don't care), you named it, Valentine's day !
My boyfriend and I don't really celebrate it, for us there doesn't have to be a special day to show love to each other, but the nail addict in me couldn't miss that opportunity to make a special V-day manicure ;)

This year I went for something soft, in colors AND texture ! You know I found my first flocking powders at Cosmobelleza, so I did a little something with the white one :)


I painted my nails with Essence Free Hugs except the ring finger that was painted in China Glaze Snow. I stamped the lovely patterns with Bundle Monster plates BM311 and 317 in white Konad polish, and covered the ring finger with white flocking powder.

I loved how it turned :) Do you like it ?

Now some words about the flocking powder, as it was the first time I used it !
Honestly, I thought this would be a mess to use, the kind of art you don't want to do often because you know you'll have to clean your space after it... And it wasn't. It took me a few minutes to apply the flock and  put the leftover back in the box, there was no powder everywhere around my working space and the result was great at first try !

It's really fun to use ! You just have to paint your nails in a color that is similar to your powder (so any bald spots will be invisible), put the flock on your wet polish using tweezers, gently tap on the flocked nail with your finger and brush the excess. Use a folded sheet of paper to collect the leftovers and put them back in their container. That's all :)
You can also use a top coat as the base of your flocking powder, but don't use a quick drying one, as the fibers need some time to stick to the base coat.

I hope you liked this post :)

Thank you to everyone who has left their links last week ! I got a lots of comments so I won't make a single post for that, or the visitors won't visit everything ... I'll prepare a dozen posts with a few links in each and I schedule to post these on sundays :)

Have a nice day !
Version Française - Cliquez ici

Hello !

Hé oui, demain c'est ce fameux jour de l'année ... Celui qu'on aime ou qu'on déteste (ou celui dont on se fiche royalement lol), la Saint Valentin !
Pour ma part, on ne fête pas vraiment ce jour ...
Mais la nailista en moi ne pouvait pas louper cette occasion de faire une manucure spéciale Saint Valentin ;)

Cette année j'ai fait quelque chose de doux, niveau couleur ET texture ! Je vous avais dit que j'avais trouvé du flock à Cosmobelleza, j'en ai profité pour faire mon premier essai avec le blanc :)


J'ai appliqué deux couches d'Essence Free Hugs, sauf sur l'annulaire sur lequel j'ai mis deux couches de China Glaze Snow. Le stamping a été fait avec les plaques Bundle Monster BM311 et 317 et du vernis Konad blanc, et l'annulaire est recouvert de flock blanc.
J'aime beaucoup, et vous ?

Quelques mots sur mes premières impressions avec le flock !
Honnêtement, je pensais que ce serait un truc assez bordélique, le genre de nail art que vous ne faites pas souvent parce que vous pensez en avance au nettoyage que ça impliquera ... Hé bien en fait, je me trompais :p
Ca m'a pris à peine quelques minutes de couvrir mon ongle et mettre le surplus de poudre dans sa boite. Il n'y avait pas non plus de fibres partout sur mon bureau comme je l'aurais pensé et le résultat était réussi du premier coup !

C'est vraiment chouette à faire ! Il suffit de peindre ses ongles avec une couleur proche du flock que vous allez utiliser (comme ça, s'il y a des parties un peu moins bien recouvertes, ça ne se verra pas), mettre la poudre sur le vernis encore humide avec une petite pince à épiler, tapoter le flock délicatement avec le doigt pour le faire adhérer et brosser le surplus de flock (j'ai utilisé une petite brosse à blush). C'est tout !
Vous pouvez aussi utiliser un top coat comme base pour votre flock, mais évitez les top coats à séchage rapide, le flock n'aura pas le temps de bien y adhérer !

J'espère que ça vous a plu :)

Merci à toutes celles qui ont partagé leur lien la semaine passée ! J'ai eu beaucoup de commentaires, et les mettre tous dans un seul post ça ferait trop, ceertains blogs auraient moins de visibilité ... Donc je vais plutôt faire une série de billets avec chaque fois 5 ou 6 liens, histoire que tout le monde soit mis à l'honneur :) Je commencerai ce dimanche ;)

Bonne journée !

No comments: