Home About Me Disclosure Nail Care Collection Contact Me Contact Me Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Facebook ! Follow me on Twitter ! Follow me with Bloglovin ! Follow me on Hellocoton ! Follow me on Tumblr ! Follow me on Google+ ! Follow @sugar_nails on Instagram ! Follow me on Pinterest ! Image Map

Friday, July 20, 2012

Pink Houndstooth

Hi dear readers !

I hope you're fine :) The weekend is finally there :D (well, it doesn't mean anything to me as I'm off work this week but I still appreciate friday ;))
My ankle is getting better, less painful. Thank you for all your nice comments and recovery wishes :D I didn't reply to you yet but I'll do that soon. At the moment I prefer to stay in bed rather than sit in front of the computer haha :D

I finally managed to paint my nails but it's not so clean as I usually try to get my manicures as I couldn't wash my hands between each step, you'll see some polish stain and cat hair. I also was impatient to go back to bed and didn't wait enough to apply the top coat, it smudged my design. Anyway, I still like it, so here it is !

For this manicure I used a pattern from the new Bundle Monster set, again. I already have a houndstooth pattern from Konad but this one is bigger and I prefer it. (Funny fact: houndstooth pattern is called "Pied-de-poule" in french, which means hen's foot)
I used China Glaze Something Sweet for the base. I love the color, but it's a pain to apply, it's thick and goopy, I really hate it but I can't help using it, it's such a sweet color :)
I added one coat of Catrice Godfather of Pearl which added a nice blue flash but it's not present in the pics :(
Finally, I stamped my houndstooth pattern with BM322 and black stamping polish, and added one coat of Seche Vite.


 I wanted to try it matte and I liked it even better, the blue flash is more present, the base color looks like frosted :) I used China Glaze Matte Magic for this.

Which version do you prefer ?

Have a nice day :)

Version Française - Cliquez ici
Hello :)

J'espère que vous allez bien :) Le weekend est enfin là ! (bon ok, ça ne change rien pour moi puisque je suis en arrêt depuis lundi mais ça fait toujours plaisir de voir le vendredi!)
Ma cheville va un peu mieux, c'est moins douloureux. Merci pour vos gentils commentaires et voeux de guérison :D Je n'ai pas encore eu l'occasion de vous répondre mais je le ferai bientôt. Pour le moment je préfère rester au lit que devant le pc :p

Finalement j'ai réussi à faire mes ongles, mais ce n'est pas aussi propre que ce que j'essaie de faire d'habitude, je n'ai pas pu aller me laver les mains entre chaque étape, vous devrez supporter un peu de tâches de vernis et de poils de chat! Mes motifs ont aussi un peu bavé car j'étais trop impatiente de retourner au lit, je n'ai pas attendu assez pour mettre mon top coat. Ceci dit j'aime le résultat, alors le voilà !

J'ai (encore) utilisé un motif des nouvelles plaques Bundle Monster. J'ai déjà un motif pied-de-poule sur une plaque Konad, mais celui-ci est un peu plus grand et je le préfère. (Fait amusant: le pied-de-poule s'appelle "houndstooth" en anglais, soit dent de chien !)
J'ai utilisé Something Sweet de China Glaze en base. je l'aime bien, mais c'est un désastre à appliquer. Il est épais, fait des traces de pinceau, vraiment je le déteste pour ça, mais il a une si jolie couleur douce :)
J'ai ajouté une couche de Godfather of Pearl de Catrice qui a ajouté un joli reflet bleu, mais on ne le voit pas bien sur les photos :(
Pour terminer, j'ai tamponné le motif pied-de-poule de la plaque BM322 avec du vernis Fauxnad noir et appliqué une couche de Seche Vite.

J'ai voulu voir ce que ça donnait en mat, et j'ai encore plus apprécié ! Le reflet bleuté se voit mieux, la couleur de base a l'air givrée. J'ai utilisé une couche de Matte Magic de China Glaze.

Vous préférez quelle version ?

Bonne journée :)

No comments: