Home About Me Disclosure Nail Care Collection Contact Me Contact Me Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Facebook ! Follow me on Twitter ! Follow me with Bloglovin ! Follow me on Hellocoton ! Follow me on Tumblr ! Follow me on Google+ ! Follow @sugar_nails on Instagram ! Follow me on Pinterest ! Image Map

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pink Wednesday: Splatter Manicure

Hi sweeties !

I'm sure you've seen this trend on other blogs these last days ... Splatter manicure !
I discovered it on Jen's Facebook page, and I immediatly ran to her blog to get more explanations on how she did. I found her tutorial, and in fact it's just sooo easy to do ! You just need a straw and the polish of your choice :)

Of course, I *HAD* to try that manicure by myself ...
I started with pale base polish, Color Club Who are you Wearing from their Rebel Debutante collection. Application was a real mess, it's sheer and very streaky. I had to use 3 coats, and as it was not drying fast enough, I added a coat of Seche Vite which helped to hide the streaks.
The result is quite good but it needed too much work imo !

Then I took my straw and chose two bright pink shades, Borghese Raspberry Sorbetto and China Glaze Ahoy ! And I did this:





I loved this manicure so much !! I can only thank Jen for her tutorial, now I have to try it with other colors :)

What I dislike the most is the big flat splatter on my left ring finger. I prefer when they are thinner, as on my right hand :p

Do you like this effect ? Did you try it or plan to do it ? I'd love to see your splatters, don't hesitate to link them in the comments section :)

Have a nice day :D

19 comments:

thenailaholic said...

I do plan on trying it at some point. Looks really cute :)
My recent post Pink Wednesday: Hello Kitty! + Pedi success

beautyshades said...

Looks great I will be trying to do it myself and post how it went:)

Cody said...

I really like this, looks soo cute! I think I'll be trying it soon!

Olivia said...

it looks awesome! I must try it soon!

KayJay said...

Cute...I really need to try this!

Maartje said...

I must try this too one day!

I read about floss, even a little rubber band, but never with straws! When I was in kindergarten we did this too, but with paint, not with nailpolish ofcourse ;)
My recent post Online Shoplog

Stormayhlegj said...

This style is FAB! I definitely have to try this.

Gwenn said...

Thank you :D

Gwenn said...

Can't wait to see your pics :) Feel free to leave your link here ;)

Gwenn said...

Thank you :) I plan to try it again with a smaller straw ^^

Gwenn said...

Thanks ^^

Gwenn said...

Please show us it when you have tried :)

Gwenn said...

Thank you a lot :)

Gwenn said...

haha, I did this too when I was a child! There were also special pens called "blupens" to create that effect simply by blowing into the pen, but the result was mire thin and even than the straw splatters ... I'd like to find them again and try them on the nails lol ^^

Hazelle Dellosa said...

Hi, I'm Hazelle.

The nail polish is just awesome. I don't know if I just love pink, but I find the color amazing and the picture just lovely. The splatter's perfect. =)

We, on our site, NaildeRoyale.com, has the passion of promoting beauty and sharing the essence of having high quality products especially nail products and nail art. It will be a great honor if you will consider adding our link to your website.

Here’s our site’s link: http://www.nailderoyale.com/

Please let me know if considering our link interests you. I’d be glad to mail you couple nail art products from our website.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Gwenn said...

Hi Hazelle,

Thanks for your comment.
i'm sending you en email right now ;)

lilynail said...

j'avais deja essayer de faire cette mani pour halloween mais je n avais pas reussi !
maintenant il faut que je tente ça !!
My recent post Orly frolic

Tiffany said...

Really nice !!!
My recent post Manucure Poker

Elektrische Zahnbuerste said...

... [Trackback]...

[...] Read More Infos here: sugar-nails.com/2011/07/pink-wednesday-splatter-manicure/ [...]...