Home About Me Disclosure Nail Care Collection Contact Me Contact Me Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Facebook ! Follow me on Twitter ! Follow me with Bloglovin ! Follow me on Hellocoton ! Follow me on Tumblr ! Follow me on Google+ ! Follow @sugar_nails on Instagram ! Follow me on Pinterest ! Image Map

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pink Dots

Hi dear readers !

Dotting tools are not my friends (yet). I've already used them, but not enough to master the technique.
I would love to achieve beautiful poppies like Nailed It, or crazy dotticures like Lucy's Stash ! These girls are some kind of queens of the dotting tool to me haha !

So if I want that tool to become my new best friend, I have to tame it, and so I started to learn :)
I was inspired by a manicure by Raggio di Luna Nails for this. In fact, I copied her design but applied it on all the nails instead of doing an accent ;)

 I'm not 100% satisfied of my dots, but the manicure doesn't look bad for a first try !


I used China Glaze Something Sweet as the base and made the dots with Ciaté Plastic Fantastic, Essence Fatal and three different sizes of dotting tool.
My black dots were not perfect because Fatal was a bit goopy and it started to create little strands at each dot. I'll have to use another polish next time, and keep in mind that Fatal is probably perfect for the sugar spun technique haha !

What do you think ? Do you like dotticures ?

Have a nice day :)
Version Française - Cliquez ici

Hello !

Les dotting tools ne sont pas (encore) mes amis. J'en ai évidemment déjà utilisé, mais pas assez souvent pour dire de maîtriser la technique.
Pourtant, je voudrais réussir à faire de jolis coquelicots comme ceux de Nailed It, ou des dotticures de fou comme Lucy's Stash ! Pour moi, ces filles sont des reines du dotting tool ! :D

Si je veux que cet outil devienne mon nouveau meilleur ami, il faut que je l'apprivoise, donc je suis bien décidée à apprendre à m'en servir !

J'ai été inspirée par une manucure de Raggio di Luna Nails. Bon en fait, j'ai carrément copié son nail art sauf que je l'ai fait sur tous les ongles au lieu de n'en faire qu'un accent ;)

Je ne suis pas satisfaite à 100% de mes pois, mais la manucure ne rend pas si mal pour une première fois :)
J'ai utilisé Something Sweet de China Glaze en base et fait les pois avec Plastic Fantastic de Ciaté, Fatal d'Essence et 3 tailles de dotting tools différentes.
Mes pois noirs ne sont pas top parce que Fatal était un peu pâteux, du coup il faisait des fils entre chaque pois :s Je note que je ne l'utiliserai plus pour faire des dots, par contre il devrait être parfait pour la technique du spun sugar ^^

Qu'en pensez-vous ? Fan des dotticures en général ou pas ?

Bonne journée !

No comments: