Home About Me Disclosure Nail Care Collection Contact Me Contact Me Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Facebook ! Follow me on Twitter ! Follow me with Bloglovin ! Follow me on Hellocoton ! Follow me on Tumblr ! Follow me on Google+ ! Follow @sugar_nails on Instagram ! Follow me on Pinterest ! Image Map

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Rainbow Gradient Skittles

Hi dear readers !

Wow, the weather became so cold here these last days ! I hate that :( Yesterday it has been snowing a lot, driving the car was complicated, now it's -5°C, which could be worst, I know, but I really can't wait for the winter to be over !

I needed some bright colors to forget about the weather !
I think rainbow skittles are a classic, so it was about time to give it a try :)


 On the second day I wanted even more fun in this mani so I added one coat of Sticks 'n Stones :)

I tried to show my thumb on the third pic as it has different colors, but it's not a really pretty pic. I just can't do the "claw"pose to show all my nails at once, I don't know why but it hurts ! My hands were not made for this pose I guess (yet my fingers are flexible haha)

So, to achieve this gradient, I used 6 colors sponged differently on each nail, in a rainbow pattern:
Mavala Rose Bonbon (pink)
Kiko 356 (orange)
OPI The It Color (yellow)
Yes Love 116 (green)
Flormar N002 (blue)
Catrice Lucky in Lilac (purple)

For Cover Band Sticks 'n Stones, I didn't apply it normally but dabbed it so I could get the glitters where I wanted them.

I took a picture of the polishes used together on my swatchicles, they looked pretty alltogether :)
I hope you liked it ! Tell me what you think of these nails :)

Do you like the swatchicle pic ? Do you think it could be useful when I post nail arts ?

Have a nice day :)
Version Française - Cliquez ici
Hello !


Pfiou, il fait si froid depuis quelques jours ! Je déteste ça :( Hier il a beaucoup neigé, sortir en voiture était très compliqué, et maintenant il faut -5°, alors certes ça pourrait être pire, mais moi j'attends déjà impatiemment la fin de l'hiver !

Il me fallait quelque chose qui flashe un peu, des couleurs joyeuses pour contrer tout ça !
Les Rainbow Skittles sont un classique je pense, il était temps que j'essaie :)


J'essaie de montrer mon pouce dans la 3ème photo vu qu'il a des couleurs différentes, mais c'est pas top. Je n'arrive pas à faire la "pose griffes". Je ne sais pas pourquoi, mes doigts sont pourtant assez souples mais cette pose me fait limite mal donc ça rend pas terrible en photo.

Pour le gradient, j'ai utilisé 6 couleurs appliquées à l'éponge différemment sur chaque ongle, pour créer un arc-en-ciel.
Mavala Rose Bonbon (rose)
Kiko 356 (orange)
OPI The It Color (jaune)
Yes Love 116 (vert)
Flormar N002 (bleu)
Catrice Lucky in Lilac (violet)

Le second jour j'au ajouté une couche de Cover Band Sticks 'n Stones pour encore plus de fun. Je ne l'ai pas appliqué normalement, j'ai plutôt tapoté le pinceau pour placer les paillettes comme je le voulais.

J'ai aussi pris une photo des vernis utilisés avec mes swatchicles, je trouvais l'ensemble joli :)


Qu'en pensez-vous ?
Et les swatchicles en photo, vous pensez que ça peut être utile de les voir pour mes autres nail arts ?

Bonne journée :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about crappy, dreary weather. I live in Alaska and its been a really downer winter. I love this rainbow gradient alot and those swatchicles are creative! I would of never thought of that